GLOBAL WOMEN OF COLOR BOOKS, 2013
If you are interested in signing up for this challenge and blog click here.
BOOKS I HAVE READ AND REVIEWED:
Marilyn’s Reviews for GLOBAL WOMEN OF COLOR
- Am I Black Enough for You by Heiss, Anita
- Anna In Between by Nunez, Elizabeth.
- Black Milk: On the Conflicting Demands of Writing, Creativity, and Motherhood. by Shafak, Elif.
- Black Water Rising by Locke, Attica
- Blessed are the Dead by Nunn, Malla
- Create Dangerously: The Immigrant Artist at Work by Dandicat, Edwidge
- Efuru by Nwapa, Flora
- Evening is the Whole Day by Samrasan, Preeta..
- Far and Beyon’ by Dow, Unity
- Fault Lines by Alexander, Meena
- Fish Hair Woman by Bobbis, Merlinda
- Gathering of Waters by McFadden, Bernice
- Ghana Must Go by Selasi, Taiye
- Ghost Bride by Choo, Yangsze
- Kayang and Me by Scott, Kim, and Hazel Brown
- Let the Dead Lie by Nunn, Malla
- Looking for Palestine: Growing up Confused in an Arab-American Family by Said, Najla
- Lyrics Alley by Leila Aboulela.
- Making Peace with Earth by Shiva, Vandana
- Malinche by Esquival, Laura
- Minaret by Aboulela, Leila
- Moebius Trip by Thadani, Gita.
- Nervous Condition by Nervous Condition, by Dangarembga, Tsitsi .
- Sister of my Heart by Divakaruni, Chitra Banerjee
- The Best of All Possible Worlds by Lord, Karen
- The House on Mango Street by Cisneros, Sandra
- The Ventriloquist’s Tale by Melville, Pauline
- Unpolished Gem by Pung, Alice
- When Rain Clouds Gather by Head, Bessie
- Wingshooters by Revoyr, Nina.
BOOKS I PLAN TO READ:
H Icarus Girl, by Oyeyemi. ENGLAND/NIGERIA
H The Story of Zahra, by al-Shaykh LEBANON
H Polite Lies, by Kyoka. US/JAPAN
H Arrogant Years, by Lagnado. US/EGYPT
Americanah, by Adichie. NIGERIA